From the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs site:
Nov 19, 2007 – Ido Zoldan, 29, of Shavei Shomron was killed in a shooting attack near Kedumim in the northern West Bank, when terrorists opened fire from a passing car at around 11:30 pm.
A terrorist cell was waiting in ambush near Kedumim, in Samaria, for Israeli vehicles. When Ido, who was riding alone, came into range, the enemy attackers sprayed the vehicle with gunfire. Ido was mortally wounded. Paramedics who arrived at the scene were unable to save his life. The Fatah Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the terror attack as “an act of protest against the Annapolis conference.”
Ido Zoldan was buried in Kedumim. He is survived by his wife Tehila and his two small children, three-year-old Aharon and one-year-old Rachel.
Palestinian policemen were behind the shooting attack last week which killed Ido Zoldan, a 29 year-old father of two from the settlement of Shavei Shomron, the IDF and Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) revealed Sunday night…
The three members of the cell were Palestinian policemen and members of the Palestinian National Security Force, which Israel and the United States have been investing in as part of the international effort to strengthen Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and his Fatah government.
Defense officials said that the weapon used in the attack was not supplied to the Palestinians by Israel since it did not belong to the official Palestinian security forces. The officials said however that the IDF expected the political echelon to rethink its policy of strengthening Abbas while his policemen were involved in terrorism. [my emphasis]
Yes, maybe this plan needs to go back to the drawing board for a little rethinking.